What you need to know about booking and traveling with Blue Lagoon Cruises
Woo hoo, we are back! New sailing dates released!
As of 01 April 2022, we are now back cruising Fiji's beautiful islands weekly with our 3, 4, and 7-night sailings.
For availability, please see the calendar in the booking section of this website here.
Existing bookings or voucher holders
- Funds currently held for any guests who were due to travel between 01 June 2020 and 30 November 2021 will be held in credit for travel any time up until 31 March 2023. All booking conditions and rates will be honored at the time of the original booking confirmation and receipt of payment. Confirmation of new travel dates will be subject to availability.
- Guests who have booked a cruise under the promotional code ADV25-BLC (or any other non-refundable promotional rate) are advised at the time of confirmation of these being non-refundable promotional rates. All funds received will be held in credit for guests to use on any scheduled departure through to 31 March 2023. Confirmations of new travel dates will be subject to availability. All bookings and rates will be honoured at the time of the original booking confirmation and receipt of payment.
- Rebooking - Please kindly make contact with your Travel Agent or our Reservations Team (if you booked directly with us) as soon as you are ready to rebook your new cruise date - we suggest doing this as soon as possible - dates can still be changed without any amendment fees.
Fiji border entry requirements as of 07 April 2022
Arriving into Fiji
- Fully Vaccinated - All visitors 18 years and older to Fiji will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and proof of vaccination supplied
- A negative test prior to departure to Fiji - Can be a RAT or a PCR test result to enter Fiji. All tests must be supervised and verified by a medical professional (for more info our FAQs page) with a written record provided either digitally or on paper. NB: some travellers are finding it easier to get their RAT at the airport before departing for Fiji. Just make sure you arrive a little earlier than normal to get your results and documentation in time for boarding.
- Show Travel insurance - Travellers (foreign nationals entering Fiji for a holiday) must have proof of insurance for COVID-19 coverage. You can also purchase one online prior to travelling with Fiji Care. For inquiries, you can also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-booked RAT - The Fiji Government now requires everyone to pre-book a RAT at a registered facility within 48-72hrs of your arrival in Fiji. This can be booked here entrytestfiji.com Proof of your booking must now be shown at your flight check-in.
- For guests departing on Blue Lagoon Cruises within 48 hours of arrival in Fiji, the RAT will be performed by Blue Lagoon Cruises within 2 hours of your cruise departure. When on the entrytestfiji.com site, please ensure you select your cruise departure date as the date for your test. The test cost will be FJ$38.
- Any guests who return two positive RAT's prior to check-in will be unable to travel with Blue Lagoon Cruises on that particular date and need to follow Ministry of Health & Medical Services guidelines including undertaking a PCR test for further verification.
- Blue Lagoon Cruises will assist any guests who test positive twice prior to check-in with sourcing alternative accommodation at their cost and hence the importance of having travel insurance including cover for COVID-19.
- Any guests who do test positive twice and are unable to travel in accordance with Ministry of Health & Medical Services guidelines will be able to travel at a later date within 12 months subject to availability and returning a negative RAT result.
- Please ensure you are fully aware of the entry requirements of your country of origin (and any transit countries) to ensure you get the appropriate tests before departing Fiji.
- For guests who require it, they will be able to get a RAT done onboard M.V. Fiji Princess should their flight be the same day they arrive back at Port Denarau to satisfy the RAT requirement within 24 hours of departure that some destinations require. The cost of this test is FJ$35 will be charged to your cabin.
- Any guests travelling with Blue Lagoon Cruises who require a PCR test prior to their outbound flight from Fiji must allow enough time between disembarkation of their cruise and their outbound flight to undertake a PCR test and receive their results. The current advice that Blue Lagoon Cruises has is that international visitors should allow 36 hours from the time of undertaking a PCR test to get their results prior to checking in at Nadi Airport. All RAT and PCR test requirements needed for your return home will be managed at your hotel. Speak to them about your tests when you check-in.
- As the requirement continues to evolve, Blue Lagoon Cruises advises all guests to follow the information provided by the Fiji Government and Tourism Fiji. See links below.
Tourism Fiji has a large amount of great information and we highly recommend you read through this. See links for these below:
Tourism Fiji COVID-19 web page <CLICK HERE>
Fiji Government Travel Information <CLICK HERE>
CareFiji Commitment <CLICK HERE>
Care Fiji Commitment
The Care Fiji Commitment (CFC) is Fiji’s WHO-approved standard of best-practice health and safety measures when travelling to Fiji. South Sea Cruises is a CFC accredited provider. Click here to find out more about CFC
COVID-19 Safe Policy on Blue Lagoon Cruises
- All customers who are 18 years and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as well as any children as stipulated by the Fijian Government at the time of travel. Proof of vaccination must be presented at check-in.
- All customers are subject to health screening prior to boarding.
- All guests to have Travel Insurance (ideally with COVID-19 cover).
Change your booking at no cost
If you have already selected and booked a date for your cruise, or we are holding an Open Dated Travel Credit for your booking, you are able to make unlimited changes to your cruise departure date and one (1) change to the guests’ booking name(s), provided the changes are made within 14 days prior to travel with Blue Lagoon Cruises. Any change of date or changes to a guest name(s) must be made in writing to email@example.com quoting the original booking reference and guest name(s) provided at the time of booking. New dates will be confirmed subject to availability.
Cancelling a booking
For all bookings other than those made on any Non-Refundable Cruise Fares
All cancellations must be in writing to Blue Lagoon Cruises, and the timing shall be based on the day of receipt of such notification by Blue Lagoon Cruises.
- More than 60 days prior to departure Forfeit the deposit unless transferring to another date
- 31 to 60 days prior to departure Forfeit 60% of the applicable fare
- 0 to 30 days prior to departure Forfeit 100% of the applicable fare
To discuss options to cancel a booking that was made prior to 01 April 2020 and has already been deferred (except those on a non-refundable cruise fare) please contact our reservations team via email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Peace of Mind Guarantee reduces the risk
For all bookings made from 01 May 2021 onwards, we will offer you a full refund or a future travel credit if any of the following circumstances apply within 30 days from your confirmed departure date*:
1. Local authorities within customers’ home country or state do not allow outbound travel internationally, cruise travel, or Fiji closes its borders within 30 days of the customers’ confirmed departure date. Local Authorities are restricted to State Governments, Federal Governments, and organisations or departments. E.g. Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
2. Customers are required to travel to a hotspot location en route to Fiji / via any stopover point that is part of your itinerary/flight path (hotspot locations as defined by the WHO). Only applicable if no other route is deemed safe to travel^ (e.g. If Hong Kong is a hot spot, but customers are still able to travel safely via Dubai, then this clause no longer applies).
3. Customers are required to quarantine in either Fiji and/or your country of residence/nation of origin or en route at any stopover point that is part of your
itinerary/flight path. Only applicable if no other route is available for you to travel^ via (e.g. If Hong Kong requires quarantining prior to continuing your journey, but Dubai does not, then this clause no longer applies) Costs relating to quarantine are the responsibility of the traveler. *Click here for full terms and conditions for this policy.
Vinaka from The Team at Blue Lagoon Cruises