DEPOSIT PROTECTION PLAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Our Deposit Protection is entirely optional, can be invoked for any reason by our guests, and requires an additional per person fee to be paid at the time of booking - please contact our reservations staff if you would like this to be added tat the initial time of placing your booking).
The optional fees are FJD$150 per person (AUD$99, NZD$107, USD$74, EUR 62, GBP 62).
Please read these Deposit Protection Plan Conditions carefully.
- Deposit Protection is only available at the time of booking and is payable together with the deposit payment towards the cruise. It cannot be added subsequently after the cruise deposit (or full payment) has been paid.
- The Deposit Protection Plan is not available for any cruise fares based on the full payment due at the time of booking.
- The Deposit Protection Plan fee is non-refundable.
- If the purchaser wishes to activate their purchased Deposit Protection Plan and amend an existing booking, they will need to confirm in writing (via email) to the Blue Lagoon Cruises Reservations team indicating that they are activating their plan and provide an alternative cruise and travel date.
- The purchaser can choose to activate their Deposit Protection Plan and change their booking for any reason up to 60 days prior to their cruise departure date. Their plan will cease to be valid within 60 days of the cruise departure date, or after full payment of the cruise fare is made. Blue Lagoon Cruises must receive written correspondence from the guest to activate their Deposit Protection plan before this 60-day cut-off date.
- For the amended booking, the guest can choose any Blue Lagoon Cruises cruise and any cabin category departing within 12 months of Deposit Protections activation – this is subject to availability.
- The new amended booking will be treated as a completely new booking. The guest can choose to obtain the Deposit Protection Plan again. The full amount of deposit already paid less the Deposit Protection fee will be applied towards the amended booking. There are no other fees or charges.
- If the amended booking deposit amount is less than the deposit amount already paid, then the excess amount will be applied towards the final payment due on the amended booking.
- If the amended booking deposit amount due is greater than the deposit already paid, the guest must top up an additional amount to confirm the amended booking.
- In the unlikely event, the amended booking cruise fare is less than the deposit amount already paid, then no refund will be given, and any excess amount will be forfeited.
- The Deposit Protection must be purchased for all guests in the booking/cabin.
- Please note that Deposit Protection is not meant to replace travel insurance, which we strongly recommend the guest has in place separately.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I have already paid my deposit, can the Deposit Protection Plan still be applied to my booking?
- Our Deposit Protection Plan can only be purchased before your deposit payment has been made to Blue Lagoon Cruises. We recommend contacting our reservations team for further information about adding this to your booking.
Does the Deposit Protection Plan mean I do not need to purchase travel insurance?
- No, the Deposit Protection Plan is not in place of travel insurance. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance that covers remote area evacuation.
How do I use my Deposit Protection Plan?
- If the purchaser wishes to activate their purchased Deposit Protection plan and amend an existing booking, they will need to confirm in writing (via email) to the Blue Lagoon Cruises Reservations team indicating that they are activating their plan and provide an alternative cruise travel date.
Can I purchase the Deposit Protection Plan just for myself and not my travelling companion(s)?
- If you wish to add the deposit protection plan it does need to be paid by all parties on the same booking and/or the same cabin. Unfortunately, you cannot select this option just for one individual within the party.
Can I obtain the Deposit Protection Plan when booking with my Travel Agent?
- Yes, our Deposit Protection Plan can be obtained when booking directly with Blue Lagoon Cruises or via your travel agent.
What happens if I cannot travel within the 12 months?
- If a date is not selected within the 12-month period, the deposit and deposit protection plan are forfeited per the terms and conditions of the plan.
Can I under any circumstances get the deposit protection refunded?
- Once your Deposit Protection has been paid it is non-refundable nor transferable.