Terms & Conditions
General Information and Booking Conditions
General Information and Booking Conditions
1. "Care Fiji Commitment"
Blue Lagoon Cruises is an accredited participant in the Care Fiji Commitment. A World Travel & Tourism Council recognized program to best prevent and protect guests and crew against the spread of communicable viruses, namely COVID-19. This includes amongst other things pre-boarding questionnaires, temperature checks, improved cleanliness. Please see point 13 in the Terms and Conditions (below) for more information.
2. Fare Inclusions
3. Complimentary "Seat in Vehicle" Transfers
4. Fare Exclusions
Transfers post-cruise from Port Denarau, beverages (other than those included in the in-cabin minibar), scuba diving, spa treatments. any onboard purchases or additional activities not included in the cruise itinerary are excluded.
5. Cabin Configuration
We offer 34 cabins. Cabins will be allocated upon check-in and are subject to operational requirements on the day.
6. Bonus Offers
7) Groups and Charters
A discounted rate is available when booking a group (minimum 10 cabins) or charter (exclusive use of the entire ship) with Blue Lagoon Cruises. Based on the final group size, we may offer complimentary cabins. These rates are not combinable with any other offer and have specific booking terms, conditions, and payment terms. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8) Family Cruise Departures & Child Policy
As this is a small ship cruising product, we have a minimum age policy of 14 years for children travelling with parents outside of special ‘Family Cruise Departure Dates’. During Family Cruise Departures, our child age is 5 to 13 years inclusive - the per-child rate is based on 2 children sharing a cabin OR 1 child and 1 adult sharing (Child pays child fare and adult pays Adult Twin/Double Share fare). A single child in their own cabin is charged the full adult rate. Children under 5 years of age may travel for free (during our designated Family Weeks) based on sharing a cabin with 2 Adults using the existing day bed in our limited number of triple cabins (Orchid deck only). All children must be under the supervision of an adult at all times, to the satisfaction of the ship’s Captain and must be able to swim unaided or be prepared to wear a flotation device on all tender transfers.
Blue Lagoon Cruises proudly sponsors and supports the work of the charitable organisation ‘Vinaka Fiji Trust’ and the excellent work it does in the villages of the Yasawa Islands. Blue Lagoon Cruises invites our guests to join them in supporting Vinaka Fiji by allowing the DONATION that will be automatically added to their account at the end of their stay to remain. Guests will have the chance to decline or alter the amount. The DONATION AMOUNTS that will be shown will be FJ$100 per cabin for 3- & 4-day cruise guests / FJ$150 per cabin for 7-day cruise guests. Should guests wish to provide a tip/gratuity payment to our crew, they are welcome to drop this into the Gratuity Box at the Reception Desk on board M.V. Fiji Princess.
11) Scuba Diving
Scuba Diving is available (for both Certified and Intro level) during our cruises at certain times. Dives can be pre-booked or booked once onboard. Age and medical restrictions apply to diving activities. A medical questionnaire must be completed. Divers cannot fly for 24 hours after diving and Blue Lagoon Cruises accepts no liability for any medical conditions experienced as a result of flying after diving. All diving is operated by Crystal Blue Reef Safari Pte Ltd and booking to dive with them deems acceptance of the terms and conditions as published on their website www.reefsafari.com
Please note: The Terms and Conditions stated herein shall apply unless precluded by the Laws of the Republic of Fiji. In this case, the Travel Law of that country and the Conditions of that Law shall prevail. Blue Lagoon Cruises is owned and operated by South Sea Cruises Pte Ltd. Any reference to Blue Lagoon Cruises or BLC is wholly in reference to South Sea Cruises Pte Ltd.
a) All prices are per person per cruise.
b) All prices include 15% Fiji Government taxes (Value Add Tax). If any amendments are made by the Fiji Government to the VAT and/or ECAL (and/or any new taxes are applied) during this contract period, Blue Lagoon Cruises reserves the right to reissue this Rate Agreement in line with official Fiji government policy to reflect any such changes.
c) While we try our utmost not to increase our prices, this is sometimes outside our control. On that basis, we reserve the right to amend our prices although amendments should occur only in the instance of increases in our costs to deliver the cruise such as but not limited to, fuel costs, government taxes and charges, exchange rate fluctuations, and ground costs beyond the control of Blue Lagoon Cruises and which are deemed material to operations. Any increase in price must be paid before departure.
2. Right to cancel or change operations
a. All Cruises are subject to sea and weather conditions particularly in the interest of passenger and crew safety - if weather and sea conditions become unfavourable Blue Lagoon Cruises reserves the right to delay or cancel departures and/or amend itineraries for their comfort and safety as opposed to completing the scheduled service.
b. Blue Lagoon Cruises reserves the right to cancel departures, arrange alternative transport, and/or vary schedules, itineraries, and services if necessary.
Where another company or persons operate the tour, activity or excursion, diving, accommodation, or shore transfers Blue Lagoon Cruises is only acting as a Sales Agent. Responsibility for the operation and liability for any mishap lies with those operators solely and not with Blue Lagoon Cruises.
4. Force Majeure
Blue Lagoon Cruises shall not be liable or responsible for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations specified herein arising out of or caused by, directly or indirectly, forces beyond its control, including, without limitation, acts of war or terrorism, strikes, riots, accidents, civil or military disturbances, natural catastrophes or acts of God, virus outbreaks, pandemics, power or any other mechanical failures, computer virus, governmental action, or communications disruption.
5. Health & Visa requirements
It is the responsibility of all guests travelling with Blue Lagoon Cruises to check and adhere to Fiji's health and visa requirements.
6. Travel Insurance
There are no medical facilities in the Yasawa Islands so if any medical problem arises you will need to return to Nadi. If you develop a serious medical problem, you will most likely want to leave Fiji for Australia, New Zealand, or home. There is also a higher degree of risk in public areas, on local vessels, etc. Sea conditions and sometimes cyclones can prevent travel on the booked dates as well. It is, therefore, an essential condition of travelling with Blue Lagoon Cruises that you have a valid travel insurance policy to cover the cost of any emergency medical treatment or accident and to protect your holiday payments in the event of cancellation which may occur for any reason whatsoever including that of weather or any other reason beyond the control of Blue Lagoon Cruises
Cruise itineraries are subject to wind, tide, and weather conditions and are operated at the sole discretion of Blue Lagoon Cruises in the interests of the safety and welfare of the guests, vessel, and crew. Blue Lagoon Cruises reserves the absolute right to operate any vessel on any cruise, to decline to accept or retain any person(s) on any cruise, shore excursion, or other cruise activity, to cancel, amend or reschedule any cruise vessel, schedule or cruise itinerary, shore excursion or any other service for any reason which Blue Lagoon Cruises Limited in its absolute and sole discretion considers desirable or necessary in the interests of operational necessity and/or guests safety and/or wellbeing. Arrival and departure times at ports and various places of call are provided as a guide only and in this regard, no warranty, condition, or guarantee, express or implied, is given or intended. Should any particular shore excursion not be available, no matter what the reason, the crew will organise a substitute, but no refund or financial recompense will be due.
8. Payment Terms
Upon confirmation of your Blue Lagoon Cruise booking, a non-refundable deposit of 10% of the total cruise value is required. Exceptions - Bookings made on the Earlybird Savings (ADV25-BLC) require a non-refundable deposit of 25% and select Special Offers may be fully payable within 7 days of the booking confirmation.
a) Full Payment of your total cruise value is required no later than 60 days prior to your cruise departure date.
b) Bookings made within 60 days of your cruise departure date (and/or selected special offers), must be paid in full at the time of booking confirmation.
c) Contract: On receipt of cleared payment of cruise fare(s) or any part thereof by Blue Lagoon Cruises Ltd, a binding contract shall be deemed to exist between the passenger(s) and Blue Lagoon Cruises Ltd subject to the terms and conditions.
d) A 2.5% non-refundable administration fee applies for all Visa or Mastercard transactions and 3% for Amex.
9. Deposit Protection Plan
The Deposit Protection Plan is a scheme that allows guests to book confidently and transfer their deposit payment towards any future Blue Lagoon Cruises in the event they are unable to travel on the cruise they originally booked. Deposit protection is entirely optional, can be invoked for any reason by the guest and requires the per person additional fee to be purchased (for each person in the booking) at the original time of booking. The following conditions apply:
a) Deposit Protection is only available at the time of booking and is payable together with the deposit payment towards the cruise. It cannot be added subsequently after the cruise deposit (or full payment) has been paid
b) The Deposit Protection Plan is not available for any cruise fares based on the full payment due at the time of booking
c) The Deposit Protection Plan fee is non-refundable
d) If the purchaser wishes to activate their purchased Deposit Protection Plan and amend an existing booking, they will need to confirm in writing (via email) to the Blue Lagoon Cruises Reservations team indicating that they are activating their plan and provide an alternative cruise and travel date
e) The purchaser can choose to activate their Deposit Protection Plan and change their booking for any reason up to 60 days prior to their cruise departure date. Their plan will cease to be valid within 60 days of the cruise departure date, or after full payment of the cruise fare is made. Blue Lagoon Cruises must receive written correspondence from the guest to activate their Deposit Protection Plan before this 60-day cut-off date
f) The new amended booking will be treated as a completely new booking. The guest can choose to obtain the Deposit Protection Plan again. The full amount of deposit already paid less the Deposit Protection fee will be applied towards the amended booking. There are no other fees or charges.
g) If the amended booking deposit amount is less than the deposit amount t already paid then the excess amount will be applied towards the final payment due on the amended booking
h) If the amended booking deposit amount due is greater than the deposit amount already paid, then no refund will be given, and any excess amount will be forfeited
i) The Deposit Protection Plan must be purchased for all guests in the booking/cabin
j) The Deposit Protection Plan is not meant to replace travel insurance, which we strongly recommend all guests have in place separately.
10. Amendment Terms
Any guest who chooses to make a new booking with Blue Lagoon Cruises will be able to change their cruise departure date / postpone their cruise without incurring any amendment fees regardless of the fare type being booked as long as the new cruise date is for the same or longer duration and the same or higher cabin grade. Reduction in cruise duration and /or cabin grade may be treated as a cancellation and new booking - please contact the Blue Lagoon Cruises reservations team for more information.
a) Once dates are selected you can make unlimited changes to the date of travel and one (1) change to the guest's name(s), provided the changes are made with Blue Lagoon Cruises prior to 60 days before travel.
b) Any change of date or changes to a guest name(s) are subject to confirmation and must be made in writing to email@example.com quoting the original booking reference and guest name(s) provided at the time of booking.
11. Cancellation Terms
Cancellation fees: All cancellations must be in writing to Blue Lagoon Cruises, and the timing shall be based on the day of receipt of such notification by Blue Lagoon Cruises.
a) More than 60 days prior to departure: Forfeit the deposit (unless transferring to another cruise departure date)
b) 31 to 60 days prior to departure: Forfeit 60% of the applicable fare
c) 0 to 30 days prior to departure Forfeit 100% of the applicable fare
Important Note: Bookings made on special cruise fares as released throughout the year may be fully non-refundable once confirmed - please carefully check the individual terms and conditions relevant to each special as these standard cancellation fees may not be applicable.
12. Book with Confidence & Peace of Mind Guarantee
For your peace of mind for new bookings made from 01 May 2021, we will offer guests a full refund or a future travel credit if any of the following circumstances apply to the guest’s cruise booking within 30 days from the confirmed departure date*:
13. Fiji Government Requirements (as at 11 October 2021)
As part of Fiji’s reopening of borders, there are requirements for international visitors to be met within the first two days of arrival in Fiji. At this point in time, Blue Lagoon Cruises understands that guests will be able to check-in and depart aboard Blue Lagoon Cruises within the first two days however this remains subject to change based on the Fiji Government’s border reopening protocols.
Blue Lagoon Cruises operates to remote outer islands in the Mamanuca & Yasawa Islands. Our itinerary and ability to operate is on the basis these islands are included within the travel-safe areas. The travel-safe areas will be updated by the Fiji Government on a weekly basis, and should they impact Blue Lagoon Cruises, guests will be notified accordingly prior to departure.
14. Future Travel Credits
All future travel credit may be shared or given to a friend or family member, provided written consent is given to Blue Lagoon Cruises. The future travel credit is to be used within two (2) years from the original cruise departure date
15. Overbooking and offloading guidelines
Overbooking & Offload - Blue Lagoon Cruises will make every attempt to avoid any overbook or offload situation. However, should this occur:
a) Blue Lagoon Cruises will notify all parties of any change in booking confirmation as quickly as possible.
b) Blue Lagoon Cruises will jointly agree with all parties on an agreed alternate cruise or property of a comparable price.
c) Blue Lagoon Cruises will assist with any associated ground costs with the amendment or offer a full refund.
16. Blue Lagoon Cruises is a product operated by South Sea Cruises Pte Ltd. Travel is subject to our Conditions of Carriage.
Contracts of carriage are entered into with Blue Lagoon Cruises which is owned and operated by South Sea Cruises Pte Limited (“South Sea Cruises”), and cruises are booked subject to these terms and conditions, which the guest by purchasing a cruise acknowledges having read and understood and agrees to be bound by them. Verbal promises and representations by booking agents or South Sea Cruises’ crew, staff, or agents will not be recognised by South Sea Cruises if they are inconsistent with these terms and conditions.
1. South Sea Cruises reserves the right to alter prices, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport, and vary itineraries and services in any way whatsoever without any liability to a guest if deemed necessary by South Sea Cruises for any reason.
2. South Sea Cruises shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or injury which may arise or be alleged to arise directly or indirectly in the event of cancellation, alteration, variation, or abandonment of the cruise before or during the course thereof (should South Sea Cruises or any of its crew, staff, or agents in their absolute discretion decide that such cancellation, abandonment, alteration or variation is necessary) or in the event of any deviation or delay in the service arising from any cause whatsoever. For the avoidance of doubt and without limiting the effect of this condition, in any such event, South Sea Cruises shall also not be liable in any way for the cost of any accommodation or for any alternative means of travel which may arise and additional expense so arising shall be the sole liability and responsibility of the passenger.
3. South Sea Cruises may, without assuming any liability whatsoever to the guest, arrange for any other person to undertake the service contracted for or any part thereof (“performing carrier”), and the performing carrier and its crew, staff, or agents shall be entitled to the benefit of these terms and conditions to the same extent as South Sea Cruises and its crew, staff and agents as if such person were a party to the contract.
4. For the avoidance of doubt and without limiting any other term or condition of carriage, all services are subject to weather and sea conditions.
5. South Sea Cruises is not a common carrier and reserves the right to refuse to carry any guest or goods without assigning reason, therefore.
6. Each full fare-paying guest is entitled to have not more than 20 kg of luggage carried free of charge. If loading is available then excess luggage will be carried at South Sea Cruises’ standard rates, and if loading is not available then South Sea Cruises may arrange to forward the excess at the guest’s own risk and expense and by other means of transport specified by the guest.
7. The guest shall comply with the instructions of South Sea Cruises’ crew, staff, or agents concerning all matters connected with the service including but not limited to the personal safety of themselves, crew, or other guests, and shall comply with any notice exhibited on the vessel or any notice issued prior to boarding or issued digitally via email and/or social media.
8. Guests are required at all times to take all reasonable precautions for their own safety and the safety of any person in their care (particularly children), this includes (but is not limited to) using hand and guard rails at all times as provided around the vessel, appropriately restraining children and ensuring that children are accompanied by a responsible adult at all times, paying attention to the safety briefing given by crewmembers at the commencement of carriage and being seated when advised or requested to do so by any of South Sea Cruises’ crew, staff or agents for any reason. Guests are advised and required to take particular care in conditions of inclement, rough, or heavy weather or as advised by South Sea Cruises’ crew, staff, or agents.
9. The guest whilst onboard M.V. Fiji Princess or any other South Sea Cruises vessel shall not consume any intoxicating beverage unless it has been sold or otherwise supplied to him on board by the crew, staff, or agents of South Sea Cruises. The guest will respect any refusal of alcohol to be sold or served onboard at any time, for any reason by the staff or crew.
10. The guest shall not take onto the vessel or include in his luggage any explosives, volatile spirits, corrosives, any easily ignitable articles, or offensive things likely to cause inconvenience to other guests or anything likely to endanger the vessel, other guests, or goods.
11. South Sea Cruises accepts no responsibility for loss, damage, or injury to luggage or personal effects or loss, damage or injury to the guest arising out of or in any way incidental or connected to the service or the accommodation of the guest or the transfer of any guest or luggage between the vessels and/or the vehicle and/ or any place of accommodation whether such loss, damage or injury may be due or alleged to be due wholly or partly to negligence or misconduct or fault on the part of South Sea Cruises, its crew, staff, or agents.
12. South Sea Cruises shall not be liable for the loss of or damage to monies, negotiable securities, gold, silverware, jewellery, ornaments, works of art, or other valuables, even if such valuables have been deposited with it for the agreed purpose of safe-keeping whether such loss or damage may be due or alleged to be due wholly or partly to negligence or misconduct or fault on the part of South Sea Cruises, its crew, staff, or agents or otherwise howsoever.
13. If an action is brought against a crew, staff, or agent of South Sea Cruises or a performing carrier arising out of damage covered by the contract with South Sea Cruises, such crew, staff or agent, if he/she proves that he acted within the scope of his/her employment or agency, shall be entitled to avail himself/herself of the defences and exclusions of liability which South Sea Cruises or the performing carrier is entitled to invoke under the contract.
14. South Sea Cruises reserves the right, in the event of a booking being cancelled by the guest, to charge cancellation fees in accordance with South Sea Cruises’ current terms and conditions.
15. The contract is subject to and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Fiji and the guest agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that country.
16. If any term of the contract is found to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall be entirely severable from the remainder of the contract, and all other terms of the contract shall continue in full force and effect for all other purposes.
17. No term or condition of carriage other than those set out herein will be recognised. The contract may only be varied by agreement in writing between South Sea Cruises and the guest.
18. From 01 November 2021 the following terms apply:
a. All guests travelling with South Sea Cruises who are eligible in their country of residence to receive a COVID-19 vaccine must when asked show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. South Sea Cruises reserves the right to restrict guests from boarding or traveling aboard our vessels or embarking into our islands if they're not fully vaccinated against COVID-19
b. Guests aged 17 years or younger are currently exempt from being vaccinated against COVID-19 when travelling with South Sea Cruises.
c. Guests who can provide proof of a medical exemption in the form of Government-issued documentation confirming they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted to travel with South Sea Cruises.
The South Sea Cruises COVID-19 travel policy will be reviewed and updated periodically in line with both advice from the Fiji Government and independent medical advice.
Where the COVID-19 Conditions of Carriage are updated within 21 days prior to a guest traveling to Fiji and a guest may be affected by the change, South Sea Cruises will take a practical approach to permit travel as long it doesn't impact any Fiji Government legislation or mandates.
19. Any reference to South Sea Cruises is also in reference to Awesome Adventures Fiji, South Sea Sailing, Malamala Beach Club, Blue Lagoon Cruises, and Vinaka Fiji. Any reference to any of these brands including South Sea Cruises is all in reference to South Sea Cruises Pte Ltd, a registered company in Fiji.
UPDATED 01 SEPTEMBER 2021