Terms and Conditions
General Information and Booking Conditions
Please note: The Terms and Conditions stated herein shall apply unless precluded by the Travel Law of the country in which the booking is made. In this case the Travel Law of that country and the Conditions of that Law shall prevail.
- All prices are in US Dollars per person based on two people sharing a cabin unless otherwise stated and include taxes where applicable.
All prices include 25% Fiji Government taxes and levies (9% VAT + 10% STT + 6% Environmental Levy).
- Child Policy: As this is a boutique small ship cruising product we have a minimum age policy of 14 years for children travelling with parents outside of special 'Family Cruise Departure Dates'.
- Family Cruise Departures: During Family Departures our Child age is 5 to 13 years inclusive - the per child rate is based on 2 children sharing a cabin OR 1 child and 1 adult sharing (Child pays child fare and adult pays Adult Twin/Double Share fare). A single child in their own cabin is at full adult rate. Children under 5 years travel for free based on triple share cabin with 2 Adults (Orchid deck only).
- Gratuities: Blue Lagoon Cruises proudly sponsors and supports the work of the charitable organisation ‘Vinaka Fiji Trust’ and the excellent work it does in the villages of the Yasawa Islands.
Rather than a gratuity payment, Blue Lagoon Cruises invites guests to join them in supporting Vinaka Fiji by allowing the DONATION that will be automatically added to their account at the end of their stay to remain. Guests will have the chance to decline it or alter the amount. The DONATION AMOUNTS that will be shown will be FJ$100 per cabin for 3 & 4-day cruise guests / FJ$150 per cabin for 7-day cruise guests.
- Fare Inclusions:
- Onboard Cabin accommodation with private facilities.
- Cruise transportation services.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner, morning and afternoon tea) filtered water and juice plus 24 hour tea and coffee.
- Cruise entertainment.
- Guided shore excursions, entrance fees and activities as included in the cruise itinerary. Use of snorkelling gear and all shipboard facilities, including swimming pool and guest library. Should any particular show excursion not be available, no matter what the reason, the crew will organise a substitute, but no refund or financial recompense will be due.
- Free WIFI located in the Saloon and outdoor deck areas.
- All Orchid Deck cabins include: Welcome fruit platter, Nespresso coffee and tea making facilities, daily stocked mini bar (local beer, wine, soft drink, bottled water) and a Nama of Fiji gift pack.
- Bonus offer: Group Rates: Group Rates are available for bookings of 10+ cabins. A discount of 10% applies from Rack Rates plus for every 10 paid cabins an additional free cabin is provided. Group rates cannot be applied to any Earlybird or Promotional Rates. Group booking conditions and payment terms vary to our FIT Terms & Conditions and are available on request.
- ADVANCE BOOKINGS: Advance Bookings for travel past 31 March 2019 will be accepted based on the current contract rates. In order to provide pre-booking capabilities beyond the travel dates in the 2018/19 contract, Blue Lagoon Cruises will honour rates and conditions as noted in this contract for any travel between the dates of 01 April 2019 and 31 March 2020 inclusive. The cut-off point for advance booking is the earliest of 31 July 2018 or the issuance of the 2019/2020 contract (whichever comes first). Bookings in need of protection through ADV must be reported ON OR BEFORE 31 July 2018 or as per instructed by Blue Lagoon Cruises upon issuance of the 2019 contract.
- Bookings reported beyond this date will NOT be honoured.
- No reminder will be sent.
- It is the responsibility of the Company to ensure Blue Lagoon Cruises receives a report of these bookings by the deadline. Vouchers (where applicable) and Rooming Lists must reflect coding of “ADV” plus the corresponding cabin category.
- Complimentary “Seat in Coach” Transfers are offer Pre-Cruise only to meet Monday and Friday departures.
Requests for a pre-cruise transfer will be booked directly with Blue Lagoon Cruises reservations.
Pick up time will be confirmed at the time of booking request.
Flight arrival details must be provided for airport-Port Denarau transfers. The driver will be holding the passenger name card for meet and greet in arrivals area at customs exit point, Nadi International Airport.
- Check-in is one hour prior to scheduled cruise departure time.
- Cruise itineraries are subject to wind, tide and weather conditions and are operated at the sole discretion of Blue Lagoon Cruises Ltd in the interests of the safety and welfare of the passengers, vessel and crew. Blue Lagoon Cruises reserves the absolute right to operate any vessel on any cruise, to decline to accept or retain any person(s) on any cruise, shore excursion or other cruise activity, to cancel, amend or reschedule any cruise vessel, schedule or cruise itinerary, shore excursion or any other service for any reason which Blue Lagoon Cruises Limited in its absolute and sole discretion considers desirable or necessary in the interests of operational necessity and/or passengers safety and/or wellbeing. Arrival and departure times at ports and various places of call are provided as a guide only and in this regard no warranty, condition or guarantee, express or implied, is given or intended.
- Blue Lagoon reserves the right to alter prices, apply a fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport and vary itineraries and services if necessary.
- Liability: Where another company or persons operate the tour, activity or excursion, diving, accommodation or shore transfers Blue Lagoon Cruises is only acting as a Sales Agent. Responsibility for the operation and liability for any mishap lies with those operators solely and not with Blue Lagoon Cruises.
- Visa requirements: It is the responsibility of all guests travelling with Blue Lagoon Cruises to check and adhere to Fiji's visa requirements.
- Travel Insurance: There are no medical facilities in the Yasawa Islands so if any medical problem arises you will need to return to Nadi. If you develop a serious medical problem you will most likely want to leave Fiji for Australia, New Zealand or home. There is also a higher degree of risk in public areas, on local vessels etc. Sea conditions and sometimes cyclones can prevent travel on the booked dates as well.
It is therefore an essential condition of travelling with Blue Lagoon Cruises that you have a valid travel insurance policy to cover the cost of any emergency medical treatment or accident and to protect your holiday payments in the event of cancellation
- At time of booking 10% of the full value of the booking non-refundable deposit is required, not withstanding that full payment is due 60 days prior to departure.
- Full payment is required 60 days prior to sailing date. Bookings made within 60 days of travel must be paid in full to Blue Lagoon Cruises by the guest or their Agent. Unless the booking agent has an account with Blue Lagoon Cruises.
- Contract: On receipt of cleared payment of cruise fare(s) or any part thereof by Blue Lagoon Cruises Ltd, a binding contract shall be deemed to exist between the passenger(s) and Blue Lagoon Cruises Ltd subject to the terms and conditions herein.
- An amendment fee of FJD$50 will be charged per booking for any amendments made after the booking has been placed with Blue Lagoon Cruises. If, however the amendment is an upgrade or a change of date only with a similar value booking still being held then Blue Lagoon Cruses, at its discretion, will waive the cancellation fees if it has the ability to fill the vacated booking.
- Cancellation fees: All cancellations must be in writing to Blue Lagoon Cruises, and the timing shall be based on the day of receipt of such notification by Blue Lagoon Cruises.
For credit card payments a 3% administration fee applies
Overbooking & Offloading - Blue Lagoon Cruises will make every attempt to avoid any over-booking and/or any offloading situations, however should this occur:
- more than 60 days prior to departure Forfeit 10% deposit (unless transferring date)
- 31 to 60 days prior to departure Forfeit 60% of applicable fare
- 0 to 30 days prior to departure Forfeit 100% of applicable fare
- Bookings made on the Earlybird Savings (ADV25BLC) are fully non-refundable once confirmed.
- Blue Lagoon Cruises will jointly agree with the Travel Partner / Client on a suitable alternative cruise or property of a comparable price;
- Blue Lagoon Cruises will Assist with costs associated with the change or offer a full refund;
- Blue Lagoon Cruises will whenever possible to advise the Business Partner in advance of the overbooking;
- Blue Lagoon Cruises will advise of the offloading at least 8 weeks out
- Travel subject to our Conditions of Carriage. A copy is held in our offices and onboard the vessel.